Wednesday, February 23, 2011

XOMBIES: APOCALYPSO is now on sale! This is the third (and perhaps final) novel in my XOMBIES saga, after XOMBIES: APOCALYPSE BLUES and XOMBIES: APOCALYPTICON (all published by Ace Books).

It's weird to have another book come out so soon after my thriller MAD SKILLS, which was released barely two months ago, but since all my books reflect the same warped mentality, I'm hoping there will be some reader crossover.

XOMBIES: APOCALYPSO was the eighth book I've ever written, and the fifth I've had published, so you would think I'd have perfected the process by now. No. This thing almost killed me. I was having migraines over it, churning out reams of notes and tentative material, only to trash everything and start over--again and again and again. By comparison, my other books were practically delivered by stork. But all the hard work paid off--I think APOCALYPSO is a worthy climax to the series. It is a very strange book, more of an outright comedy than any of my others, because once the threat of death is eliminated, the most horrible things become pure slapstick. I only hope readers appreciate the gag.

Anyone interested in discussing the book with me or just sitting primly, hands folded on lap, is invited to my book-release party at 7pm on Friday, March 11th, at Books On The Square, 471 Angell Street, Providence RI. There will be drinks, snacks, and plain old good times such as your granddaddy knew. Thanky!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous KnittyOtter said...

It's out!?!?! YAY!!!! I was just coming by to tell you I stumbled upon Mad Skills at the book store. Purchased it of course and cannot wait to read it... but now... NOW I must risk the snow and go find this book to read it RIGHT NOW. Well in a bit when the stores open. This is so freaky damn cool!!! I'm so happy for you!! Excited and kinda scared to read it since you say it might be the last one. (I'm pro whatever team Lulu is playing for at this point btw, the humans can suck it! Or at least the bad ones... I'm mature like that. :p) This is such a great storyline and I have been dying for months to read the next book to see what happens. Like pins & needles, leaping out of my skin anticipation!

So Cool!!!

Off to the bookstore. :D

11:27 AM  
Blogger Walter Greatshell said...

KnittyOtter! So nice to hear from you! I apologize for not announcing the book sooner--I've been under the weather lately, and it has caused me to be terribly remiss in promoting my stuff. I've been living under a rock, coughing and wheezing and feeling like the world is coming apart at the seams. Thank you for reminding me what an incredible privilege it is to have readers who care about my work. I hope you like Mad Skills, and please take care out in the snow when you go to find Apocalypso--I can't afford to lose a loyal reader like yourself!

10:39 PM  
Blogger m0nal1sa said...

I just finished book 2 and came to your website to see if there was a book 3 yet and learnt this brilliant news. Now I have to wait before it finally hits shelves in Australia, or buy online to get it sooner!

PS, also read Mad Skills before reading this series and really really enjoyed it!

cheers from fan down under

9:11 PM  
Blogger Walter Greatshell said...

Thanks, m0nal1sa! Very cool to know I have readers on the far side of the world. I'd love to take a trip out there someday--maybe they'll send me on a book tour! So glad you like my work; I hope you enjoy APOCALYPSO as well.
Best wishes--Walter

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home