Sunday, May 24, 2009

Well, it looks like I'm going to attend both ThrillerFest (NY) and Comic-Con (San Diego) in July, so I'll be covering both coasts. I just wish I had some advance copies of Xombies: Apocalypse Blues to hand out--it seems kind of silly to promote a book that won't be available for three more months. But I'm working on some cool handouts of my original artwork, and hopefully Berkley/Ace will come through with a flyer and some posters.

Apparently I'll be taking part in panel discussion at ThrillerFest--something about the use of exotic locales in fiction--which should be interesting. And by interesting, I mean potentially disastrous, along the lines of David Brent's attempts at motivational speaking on The Office. My book is about the last girl on Earth, zombies, the end of the world, a submarine voyage, the Beatles, and the downside of Xanadu--I'm not sure this panel is the perfect place for me. But I do appreciate not being automatically relegated to the zombie-shlock ghetto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home