Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Okay...just thought I'd mention a few Good Things, a la Martha Stewart:

The movie Let The Right One In--beautiful Swedish vampire film, came and went without notice, but it's great. Little girl vampire befriends (then helps) lonely boy, which sounds adorable...until you start to really examine what's going on, at which point it becomes the most horrible thing ever.

The opening credit montage of Watchmen, done to the tune of Bob Dylan's " The Times They are A-Changin'"--brilliant. I'm reminded of the opening of Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead, which used Johnny Cash to equally good effect.

Revolutionary Road--terrific, and not as unrelievedly glum as many reviewers would have you expect. I see the movie as pure satire, quite grimly funny in the way of Husbands and Wives, and not depressing at all...unless you happen to be one of the pathetic people it's poking fun at. Which we're not, are we?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh! I thought the same thing about Revolutionary Road. Unless you view it as a mirror or a much needed wake up call it's rather amusing to see the robotic zombies living those meaningless lives. Even as a child I knew I wanted no part of that so called "American Dream". o.0 Who in their right mind would.

But I might be a bitch so millage may vary. *evil laugh*

I'm still waiting to see Let the Right One In... it appears to have just been set to release this week. Sweet!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home