Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday morning. Six a.m. It's still dark out. I've been awake for an hour, tossing and turning, feeling like my body is rotting from within. I should never drink. And I certainly should never eat chili-cheese fries, stuffed clams, and calamari at ten o'clock at night. But I was celebrating after my book release party and wasn't thinking straight.

First of all, THANK YOU to all my friends and readers who showed up (two in the most incredible zombie costumes!) and listened to me ramble on about God knows what. You people are amazing, and I don't know how I got so lucky as to be friends with so many talented artists, writers, actors, and simply cool people. I've done comic books with some of you, acted in plays with some of you, and hung out with most of you--it's an ongoing privilege for me to be in on this fantastic creative community.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Toni F. said...

Walter,

I'm sorry I didn't make the party that night. Who were those awesome zombies eating you?

I just finished the first Xombies and can't wait to get my hands on the second! It was very compelling and very well-written.

I'm so proud and happy to know you. I hope we get to hang out soon.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Walter Greatshell said...

Hi Toni!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate that--I'm working on the third (and last) one now, plus a non-Xombie book. Yeah, I wish you could have made the party, too. I was so frazzled, I know I failed to contact all the people I should have. We absolutely must hang out soon!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home