Saturday, August 01, 2009

Comic-Con. What is there to say? It was massive. Mammoth. I've been to the one in New York, but that didn't prepare me for the insanity of this thing in San Diego. But I think I had fun...or maybe I was just giddy with exhaustion. Four days is a long time to be fighting crowds, even if they're crowds of women dressed as sexy anime characters.

I didn't get off to a great start. My first mistake was trying to walk to my hotel from the airport (on the map it looked so close!), then, once I arrived, I had to work out sleeping arrangements with my friends, comic auteurs Dave Ray and Steve Ahlquist, who had arrived on an earlier flight. Since there were only two beds (one of them an excruciating convertable couch), every night was a game of musical chairs to see who got the floor. The fourth member of our party, Chris Reilly, wisely avoided the entire issue by taking a whole room for himself. But it wasn't all bad: the hotel did have a pool, and a very nice breakfast buffet (with a do-it-yourself waffle iron--waffles!), and convenient access to a trolley that would take us to the Con every day. Let the fun begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home