Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Phew--the book release party is over. Actually, it's been over for a while: it's after four o'clock in the morning, but I'm still wired.

I am amazed and humbled to have such great friends--I love you guys. For the past week I've really been sweating this party, preparing myself in case no one showed up (and why would they, after all? On a weeknight? For a hermit like me?), but pretty much everybody was there. Incredible. It gets me a little choked up, to tell you the truth--it was a beautiful night. I only wish I could have talked longer with everybody individually, which I look forward to doing over the next few days and weeks. I hope nobody felt snubbed, or bored by my nervous ramblings. I should have prepared a speech...and hired some suave bastard to read it. But all in all, the whole thing went well. Beyond well.

Anyway, thank you all. Okay, now it's 5am. I better at least try to get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home