Monday, October 05, 2009

Why did I make the Xombie plague strike women first? Is it because I hate women? No, of course not--it's because I wanted to turn the tables on men. Considering the horrible way women are treated in most of the world, I thought it would be interesting (and sort of funny) to create a situation where suddenly it is men who are the "weaker sex," forced to hide and flee for their lives from rapacious women. But rather than have a man be the focus of the story, I decided to flip the situation even more by having a teenage girl tell the tale--a girl who is seemingly immune to the Maenad epidemic, and who must cope with not only Xombies but also paranoid, hostile males.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimber Li said...

And what if women can't or won't make and raise babies? What happens to the human race in a generation?

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home